Thursday 23 July 2009

A Brief Interlude

Over the next few weeks you must forgive me if my blog entries slow down a tad.
As most of you know, I work in a school, and the schools are now shut for summer - hoorah!! I have six weeks - six honest-to-god weeks - to write. I have already settled down into a daily routine, and after going for a brisk mid-day walk, I retire to my writing space and tap away to my heart's delight, stopping only for a quick bite to eat at about six o' clock and to let the family know I still exist, and then carry on into the night.

Pure unadulterated bliss.

4 comments:

Rick said...

You're not going to be gone for too long, are you?

Anthony Rapino said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me.

One of the reasons I've been putting off getting a job (I have a masters in secondary education and my certification to teach English) is because I'm afraid of losing all my writing time.

Hope you get some good stuff tapped out.

Paula RC said...

Wow, lucky you... I hope the time doesn't fly by too fast for you. I know what it's like writing in your holiday the time passes too quickly and you can't believe its over when you've waited so long for it to come.

Good luck and hope to hear from you soon

Akasha Savage. said...

Rick - I'll still be popping up about the place...never fear...

onipar - working in a school really suits me at the moment; I know that every six weeks or so I will be getting at least one week off. When we go back in September I have rejiggled my hours so I can have two afternoons a week off. I'm looking forward to it. I really need the time for writing.

Jarmara - I know. I'm one week down already!!